Baby Gifts

6 January 2015

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Baby Gifts Ideas, Boy Grey Nursery

Either some of my friends are expecting or they just welcomed a lovely addition to their family. That's why I decided to share this little round up of my favourite baby items.

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Baby Gifts Ideas



Earth Friendly Baby Bubble Bath

I have already tested this - while babysitting of course. It does smell good and makes good bubbles. Haha. In this era of panicking and extreme worrying about stuff that we apply on our body, that we eat, that we drink, breathe, etc. only organic is acceptable to new mummies. Maybe this brand isn't available in Belgium, so I would buy this product from Melvita in organic shops instead.

Jelly Cat Bunny

Every baby needs a bunny friend to cuddle with. I did, my sisters did, the little girls I babysit do too. On this website they have the biggest choice of bunny soft toys. You'll have a hard time finding your true love.

Stacking tower

This one is from Ikea but I think any should do the job. Maybe this isn't appropriate for newborns but it should come in handy when baby is older. Those cups are also a must in baby's toy chest. I guess those are good to learn how to sort objects by color or by size, to give some understanding of how the world is working.

Mini Uggs

Aren't they cute? A bit pricey and will only be used for a short time... They sound like they never should be on my list. But I can't help it... Too cute.

Plan Toys sheep and little car

A rattle is way more appropriate for the first 6 months of baby's life but this baby car is suitable from 6 months. It helps build visual and fine motor skills. More info about that on the website. The sheep is the cutest thing and can be used to style the nursery (!) before baby turns 3 and can use it properly. I love the brand and was very happy to see a range of them sold at Dille en Kamille.

Sophie the giraffe

She is the world's famous teether and comes from France! Her retro look and soothing abilities make her the most popular companion to baby when his gums start hurting him. She's an icon. Everyone needs her.

Silver Cross rag doll

OK, this post is very UK oriented but just take a look at those dolls and tell me you don't find them timeless and lovely. I loved rag dolls as a kid and I think either boys or girls can enjoy them. They both like to dress them up, put them to bed or just enjoy a fake cup of tea in their company.

BOOKS!

I wanted to include a few books in this little list but I like too many! So I thought I should write another post dedicated to my favourite children books

Peter Rabbit china

This boxed set from Emma Bridgewater seems to have disappeared from their shop much to my horror. It would have been my top choice for a gift, especially to me and my offspring. I like the idea of using real plates and cups for children to teach them life as we know it (things can break easily!) and I would have loved using this set picturing the beloved Peter Rabbit and some vegetables. I love tableware and children literature, so it's a good mix of both worlds. 

Photo source

What would you choose?
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne