Wedding | Guest Book Brainstorming

12 March 2015


A friend of mine is getting hitched next August. She asked me with a bunch of close friends to help with the deco and I am in charge of choosing a Guest Book.

The bride has planned a Photo Booth where the guests will photograph themselves with an Instax, then stick the photo onto the book and write a cute message next to it.

Kind of like this: Click on the photo to reach the source.

Guest Book

I chose pink and gold for the instax and washi tape but it's only for the blog, I don't know what the bride will think of those choices. The guest book is from an Australian Stationery shop that I love. I like its simple elegance.


I found another book from the same line that reads "and they lived happily ever after". I quite like the front cover but inside you can find pre-written questions in English for the guests to answer. This won't work for my friend's wedding, obviously.

So I had this idea of making custom little cards in French that say things like "what's your marriage survival tip for the couple?", "what's you favourite moment of the day", "the time is ... and I'm feeling...", "what are your wishes for the happy couple?", "how should the happy couple celebrate its first wedding anniversary?", "what should the bride do with her wedding dress after the big day is over?", "what should the happy couple name their children?"... I have not thought of everything I could ask but it'll come with time. I don't know if the cards should be sticked to the book like the photos or kept in an envelope...

I like the idea of letting the guests choose if they want to reply to a question or write a personal note next to their polaroid.

I am undecided about wether the photos should be taped onto the book with colored washi tape or not. We could use double sided tape like on my example photo above, hiding all signs of tape in the guest book.

Hema has lots of pens, highlighters and washi tape to make us all go crazy. Tiger Fly and Amazon also offer lots of great products. The books and pens are from Kikki-K and the washi tape is from Etsy.

ETA: The bride has read my article and is a complete fan of everything, especially the question cards!! oop oop!!

I'm kind of jealous, I think I'll want exactly the same things for my own wedding... 
What are your thoughts about the book? Do you like it?
And the washi tape? The questions cards? I'd love to read your thoughts!
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne