British Crush | Tanya Burr's house

17 December 2015

tanya burr kitchen house interiors tanya bakes jim chapman fulham london townhouse kitchen aid

I LOVE the UK, the Queen, the scones, the telly, the tea, the shops, the humour, the different accents, well... you guessed it pretty much everything about the British culture. Hence the title of this series 'British Crush' where I will talk about something that I love about the country and its lifestyle.

Pssst! See the complete house tour here>>

Last month I visited the UK and bought some magazines. I am aware that Youtubers and bloggers are a thing over there and many of them already have published at least a book. I saw them sitting on the "blogging" shelves of bookstores...

But back to what I was saying. The November issue cover of Glamour UK featured Tanya Burr, a famous British beauty Youtuber who has millions of subscribers to her channel. Tanya started vlogging about make up tutorials in 2009 and recently, along with her husband Jim Chapman (also a Youtuber), they moved into their new Fulham home that I freakin' LOVE.


You already know that I am a huge home stalker so when I started looking at Tanya's videos I literally became obsessed with her home, especially her kitchen! Below are some snapshots of her baking video "Baking a Magical Christmas Cake".

tanya burr kitchen house interiors tanya bakes jim chapman fulham london townhouse kitchen aid

I absolutely love the greeny-gray color of the units and the wooden worktops! I want that chimney-like hearth. It all reminds me of the GBBO so that might be the reason why I'm obsessed... 

I have been watching her Vlogmas vlogs everyday since the beginning of December (I'm addicted to vlogs at the moment...) and all the snippets of her home make me happy. I take mental notes of everything I like and would want for my dream home. Really, I take everything I can get from the stalking I'm doing on Youtube, guys!

tanya burr kitchen house interiors tanya bakes jim chapman fulham london townhouse kitchen aid

The other room that I like is the formal living room. I love it because of the huge fitted bookcases that are featured. I dream of doing something like this to show off all of our favourites books. The picture above is from the estate agent listing that I found via this article.

tanya burr kitchen house interiors tanya bakes jim chapman fulham london townhouse kitchen aid

Sorry for the blurry and unflattering shot, Tanya, but this was meant to show my readers the bookcases better...

In a recent vlog, Tanya shared that she's building a home library (I'm doing that too!!) and I admit that I was a bit jealous of the package she received that day: she had several Roald Dhal's books,  Go set a Watchman, Christmas on Primrose Hill and a few boardgames. I also spotted on her shelves all the Harry Potter series, Little Women, the books that Rifle Paper Co. designed, The Secret Garden, Secrets of London, and many more good novels. I noticed I own quite a few of the same books as her too.

tanya burr kitchen house interiors tanya bakes jim chapman fulham london townhouse kitchen aid martha moo

Oh and this is Martha Moo, Jim and Tanya's dog. So so so freakin cute. I must say that dogs are the  typical blogger/instagrammer/vlogger's best friend as it can draw so many viewers/readers to their content. Dogs and cats are just so CUTE. Everyone loves them, it's basic knowledge at this point...

Anyway guys, I have a real crush. As I said, I've been watching her vlogmas (vlogging every day 'till Christmas) everyday since the beginning of December and as well as building an awesome library just like her, I totally want to have a dachshund now (my dream dog would be the basset hound but I have to admit dachshunds are a bit smaller and easier to take care for in little houses) and I am having a massive house crush/obsession at the moment. 

Psst! Tanya posted a glimpse of her bedroom on her blog and I'm dying of envy... I'm off to buy her book, a dog and a house! Bye!

british crush blog lifestyle britcrush big ben london england uk

If you enjoyed this post, you might like: Tanya Burr House Tour

Follow
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne