The House | Demolishing stuff and disgusting photos

24 March 2016

Psssst! The photos contained in this post might be shocking! 
It's not all shiny and Instagram worthy over here...

We are moving in a few days - yay! To resume everything, we have been working on the house to fix a few things that were bothering us. We only went over there three weekends since February 25th and a few nights once a week at least. 

We had to move the owner's stuff for the most part of the days we were there. It was pretty boring since we weren't exactly doing anything for us to move forward with our plans!


Casually cooking lunch in my new kitchen 
(no heat in the house - that explains why I'm wearing a coat...)

In the kitchen

What I want to talk about is what we did in the kitchen! We are moving quite slowly over there too because the owner needed to do some electrical and plastering works. What we did first was destroying units! I don't want to scare you too much so that's why I'm not posting the photos in large format...

 

The units were old and dirty. It wasn't practical for us so we decided to get rid of everything and start over. 

 

Here's what we found underneath all that crap...

 

I have more photos of the disgusting things that lay there but it is so awful, I couldn't bring myself to share them. Doing this took us the whole day. We tried disposing of the units in the recycling center but it appeared that all of the kitchen was made out of eternit and had to be disposed somewhere else. What a hassle!

We had time for lunch though...


Last Monday, the bf and I took turns to clean the floors and walls and it took us many hours. I'll post more photos when I take some of the whole room empty and clean.

In the cellar

The cellar was also full of stuff and I'm proud to annonce that as of today, it is now completely empty. I enjoyed sweeping all the dust even if I inhaled a lot of it and I shouldn't have... I felt very good and it seemed that something was progressing at last! We already installed our tools and bottles of wine! Again, I'll try to remember to take "after" pictures... Sorry about that!

 

Room 2

As of today, the floor on Room 2 (check out my last post to see the house's layout) is completely done! I was too lazy to take a picture and the light wasn't great, so that will be for another post. On Monday, we slept on an air mattress on our new shiny floor and watched an episode of Don't Tell the Bride (I love that show!!) with a projector! It was good!



The wall is orange, that's why everything looks pink in this picture!

Watch the video



Love, Clem ♥ 
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne