8 months in...

19 August 2016

girl in pink gray malin bora bora ravacholle vacances summer été lifestyle blog

I set myself some goals back in January and I wrote them down. I think this helps so you don't forget about them. I bought myself the Leonie Dawson yearly book and it definitely helped me get a clear idea of what I wanted out of 2016.

Planning for the new year started back in December when I looked back at 2015 and examined what dreams came true, what had transformed me, why I was happy/sad, what I was proud of, what 2015 led me to ... etc. Doing that has really helped me focus on what I wanted for 2016. 

I set some personal goals I don't feel good sharing publicly and I had other obvious goals like get a job, read 30 books, exercise more, eat veggies, travel here and there and now, it's been 8 months since my last post of 2015. I specifically didn't want to review my year on the blog as I thought the end of 2015 had been too hectic but now, I feel like I missed something.

Skip this if you think it's boring, here's a recap of the last months.

January

The New Year started off with a loud bang. No more job and overwhelming (and quite frankly boring) uni work. I discovered the app One Second Every Day and I started a little diary of some sort - one of my goals for 2016 was to keep a gratitude journal so this is as close as it gets. I didn't blog at all that month and I read three books.

February 

Life started getting better and I went on a solo day trip to Lille (part one and two). I shared a few books I wanted to read (as of today, I read 5 of them) and some favourites. We decided to move out of Brussels to get bigger place for cheaper rent. Sad and exciting days. I read three books and had the one and only book club night of the year so far. I ran 2.73k. Impressive.

March

We moved. It took the whole month, I think. We prepped the house before moving in, then moved in and spent a few weeks in hell. We installed new floors and destroyed the kitchen. The bf and I went to London before the move, I read two books. It was the most busiest month of the year as I had an internship. I had things rolling baby! 

April

I wrote this post and I was completely out of my mind. Two weeks into the house and I already wanted to escape. This was more to convince myself of my decisions than to tell you how calm I was  because, looking back, it was hard. Hard because no kitchen is a bit of a nightmare but also hard because of life getting in the way. Family was more exhausting than helpful even though I was super organized - I could start a moving company! If I had to do it again, I wouldn't want to involve them as much. Believe me, I had prepared for something like this to happen, but I never thought it would be like that. I read three books, reviewed one, went to a wedding (cried a lot), struggled to work for uni, played ice hockey, shared my kitchen inspiration and finally, we got a working sink! and my parents got a puppy.

May

I struggled to study and work on my thesis (still not done in case you're wondering). I only read one book and lots of comics. Depressing uni, no jobs for the both of us, being in the house all day, painted a few walls, built a desk, watched some new Belgian tv-shows, went to the museum.

June

Bad health related news, depressing uni, no jobs, being in the house all day, it's the gift that keeps on giving. I made some goal and routine readjustments and said goodbye to summer plans. I painted a kitchen dresser and ordered a few bits of furniture on sale. Only read one book and I didn't blog at all. Finally said NO to toxic people. Ran 5.22k. Amazing!

July

I had a job. Life was awesome. I loved everyone. I forgot everything bad. 

August

Rejected by said job, shit happened, felt depressed. I read three books including the latest Harry Potter, put on some weight then decided I should start running again, wrote a book review on the blog and I shared an update and the best motivational quote ever.

the snorkeler gray malin bora bora ravacholle sea summer été vacances lifestyle blogger

All in all, 2016 so far is the year I watched a lot of Friends episodes, I have developed an addiction to all things Tanya Burr and spent a lot of time watching her on Youtube, I spent most of the year sleeping or sitting in a chair (that depresses me a lot), I read 16 books, generally dealt with things and tried to move on. I'm still in that process - it takes time. It's halfway through August and I still have a few mountains to climb.

Anyway, both Teen Mom OG and GBBO starts next week, it's already a promising start on the road to my happiness. How has your year been so far?

shots from Bora Bora via

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne