The Guide to Fall

7 October 2016

rifle paper co anna bond autumn lady walking her dogs in central park new york ravacholle lifestyle blog anna bond

I had started to write this post when I came back from my late summer holiday but now it seems completely out of date and I don't want to finish it...

Now that my summer holiday is over, I'm ready to dive into the autumn season. I want to get the most of it. I also have been meaning to reclaim my weekends lately as all days of the weeks seem blurry to me since I don't currently have a job. Let's ban intensive cleaning and ironing sessions and reserve them for the rest of the week. 

If you also want to reclaim your weekends this fall, here are a few ideas.

The changing of the season is what is so great about the European climate. Watching the leaves change colour or sipping tea in front of the Great British Bake Off are kind of my definition of autumn. Sadly, Downton Abbey is over but it used to be my favourite show to relax after a misty Sunday spent outside.

What's not new around here is that I've already been spending a few Wednesday nights sipping tea in front of GBBO... but I'm not watching Downton Abbey again. I don't have the time. Maybe next year?

What to celebrate?

  • Harvest Festival
I totally fancy going to a pumpkin festival this September. Lucky me there's one near me next weekend so you should definitely check your local news - it seems that there are pumpkin parties everywhere...


BOOM! Been there, done that! It was fun and it really felt autumn-like!

  • Halloween/Bonfire Night/Thanksgiving
Halloween is a great excuse for a weekend party! Carving pumpkins is kind of fun and what's not to like about sharing snacks and drinks in good company? I'm skipping hosting a party this year but you totally should invite a few friends over and ask everyone to dress up. Brooklyn Limestone is the best party planner ever and you should definitely check her blog out for some amazing spooky inspiration. I've also shared my own parties as well on the blog: 2014 and 2015.

Let's not forget our British and Americans friends... Obviously, I'm not very familiar with these, but it gord on to show there are so many reasons for celebration in fall!

Nothing to add today to this... Halloween is the best. Won't be throwing a party this year but will definitely indulge in some pumpkin baking and chocolate eating....

What to do?

  • Go mushroom hunting
It's a good idea, but it's probably best if you know what mushrooms are good and what mushrooms to avoid.

  • Make a soup
Duh! So good, so tasty, I've been drinking soup since I'm back from my hols: courgette, pumpkin, ... There are so many veggies available this time of the year, it all feels so fresh and delicious!


  • Bring some nature inside
Yup! We've been stick hunting in the forest and we destroyed our brand new (to us) car in the process. I would definitely recommend bringing fallen leaves back home instead of 2-meters-long wooden sticks.

I've been planting flowers and doing autumn arrangements in order to get the patio a bit better looking! #stillsomuchpaintingtodo 

What to appreciate?


reading, latte, crisp morning, walking...

I've been doing a little exercise with my parents' dog. She's the funniest most vigorous little thing. It's like training for a competition just playing with her in the garden!



Her little buddy is also the most good looking cat in the world. Look at his white paws!



I've been enjoying getting dressed in the morning! I love burgundy and dark green in the fall!



I still need to upgrade my wardrobe as I wear the same things over and over again (remember this post?) BUT my BFF already presented me with my early birthday gift and I'm so in love with my brand new running jumper! Very comfy and it just does feel great to have new clothes isn't it? I also NEEDED new shoes, so new boots and desperately needed new running sneakers were bought.



I've been drinking lattes on my new kitchen island! Made by yours truly... The bf and I worked a little bit more on the house lately and I KNOW I have to share it with you very soon. I actually can't wait to share but I'm always waiting and waiting and never doing anything... You know the drill! Coming soon on the blog for you all!



I've also been very inspired to bake (thanks GBBO) and attempted jaffa cakes!



There were a bit of mess but tasted alright!

On the blog

Currently loving

My parent's dog. Look at how tiny she was! My bf who's totally amazing. Also loving fresh starts, la rentrée, mondays, having lots of appointments, job interviews lined up, watching youtube videos, GBBO (don't want it to be over!), waiting for a cat, spending time with my BFF team, baking, breakfasts, weekends at the zoo, orange chocolate, planning stuff, driving our new car, going places and most of all feeling FREE.



Happy weekend everyone!

photo source

Related posts

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne