Au jardin des Tuileries

29 January 2017

Haussman building in Paris, zinc roofs, Paris buildings near Place Vendôme, appartement Haussmanien

Walking around Paris is a delight. As a teen, I used to dislike that city because I thought it was too dirty. I had been to Paris several times when I was in high school to study the work of the great masters that are exhibited at the Louvre or at the Musée d'Orsay. Now that I am older, it doesn't bother me anymore, it seems that I only remember the good bits!

Sun shining through the Eiffel Tower on the Pont Alexandre III, Tour Effeil, Pont Alexandre III

Earlier this month, I vowed to get out of my house to get some fresh air and new perspectives. Paris is very close to home but I've been reluctant to go because of this dream that I have. I dream of celebrating mine and the bf's 30th birthday, as well as our 10th anniversary in the City of Lights.

Notre-Dame de Paris Cathedral

I would love for us to spend a week or more in a very glam hotel or in an haussmanien apartment, we'd do all the touristic things like spending hours and hours in the museum galleries, having a romantic dinner cruise on a bateau-mouche on the Seine, climbing on top of the Eiffel Tower, kissing in the streets of Montmartre, visiting the Père Lachaise cemetery... I've already done a few of those things but isn't it better when you're in good company and when you have the time?

Métro de Paris Sign, Métropolitain panneau

As I walked through the city center, l'île de la Cité, past Notre-Dame and across a bridge overlooking the Seine and the Eiffel Tower, I imagined myself being in the set of Ratatouille, pretented I was Julia Child and imagined myself having a coffee in a glamorous tearoom à la Carrie. It's funny of all those memories are from American films! It seems the American obsession with Paris la Romantique is getting into my head. I'm not complaining. I shall dream of my magical stroll in the Jardin des Tuileries where I face the sun shining through the Eiffel Tower. This is a wonderful memory I want to remember because I felt so happy to be in a place charged with so much beauty and history.

View of the Eiffel Tower and the Pont Alexandre III overlooking the Seine River in Paris

Have you been to Paris? What's your favourite thing about it?


Follow
EnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrerEnregistrer

Post a Comment

Leave a comment

Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne