Christmas Party 2014

17 December 2014

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Christmas Party

On Sunday afternoon, I hosted the sweetest party! I really like the idea of attending a Christmas party and I know it's common in other countries but not so much in Belgium. So I invited over a few friends (19!) to gather around the tree with festive cocktails and cookies.

I am a bit sad because I absolutely had NO time to take proper pictures of the buffet and decoration that I wanted to show you! I'm so disappointed! But I think it can demonstrate that the party went very well!

We could drink some hot chocolate with either marshmallows or whipped cream, a cranberry cocktail (first with vodka and then with gin), an Irish coffee (whisky, coffee and whipped cream) or a Baileys on rocks.

To eat, we had homemade cookies (a Nigella recipe) and brioche (a Mum recipe) that I baked, a cheese platter with grapes and crackers, some olives, little verrines filled with pears, roquefort cheese and bacon, crackers and dips (tapenade, hummus, eggplant/paprika/tomato and other absolutely divine spreads from the supermarket), a Flammeukueche made by the boyfriend and finally exquisite homemade bagels from Holy Bagels that we had with cream cheese, avocado and smoked salmon.

Ravacholle Lifestyle Blog | Christmas Party

I had made little cards that I framed saying things like "EAT everything/Reheat if it's cold" and another one listing the drinks we proposed. I set lots of my cute red ornaments on the table: red baubles, a few stripy candy canes, red and white candles, fresh cranberries in hurricanes... So sad I have no photo! I loved my red and white paper straws! I think using THEM and post a picture means I am a REAL blogger now haha!!

We also played Christmas music all night and the boyfriend showed a Youtube playlist of Christmas cartoons and films on the television.

I think everyone enjoyed the food and drinks as well as being there! I'm kind of sad I couldn't talk to everyone but we heard some pretty happy awesome news and I just went to bed with a big smile on my face!

Related posts
Christmas in Chicago
A very British Family Meal
Merry Christmas!
Copyright © Ravacholle
Design by Fearne